1. Displays: The day began in the late morning with several rooms of displays of memorabillia from all years and tours. Photos, posters and other items are sought from alumni to add to this display. Committee chair was Jennifer Parlee (White '95) at email@example.com.
2. Recitals & Presentations: During the afternoon, alumni who have gone on to become performers, conductors, composers, musical entrepreneurs or artists were invited to participate in presentations or recitals. Committee chair was: Barbara Livingston (McIntosh '79) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Rehearsal: At 6:00pm, all participating alumni were asked to gather in the sanctuary to rehearse massed choral pieces for the concert following. Music was posted on the net for individual preparation.
4. Gala Concert: The concert began at 7:30pm. It featured the 2007/08 Chamber Singers and the massed numbers rehearsed at 6.
5. Buffet Dinner: Following the concert, at approximately 9pm, dinner was served downstairs in the church. It was a combination of potluck and catering. (Bruce prepared his famous Thetis Island Retreat Gumbo.) Local alumni were invited to provide a salad or casserole for this meal. Committee chair was Wade Noble ('80s - '90s) at: email@example.com
6. After dinner festivities: Memories, Stories, Awards and Roasts were presented by participating alumni. It was an excellent opportunity for alumni who were not able to attend, to e-mail submissions to be read out.Committee chair was Lara Nowlan ('01) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost for all events was $20 by April 1, $30 on the day.
7. Reunion Tour - Rehearsals began on the next day (with appropriate hangover relief time). For full tour information, click on "Reunion Concert Tour" under "Alumni" - above right.
School of Music
|Concerts & Info|
Les Noces Review
Copyright © 2005, University of Victoria | Important
Contact Information | Maintained by email@example.com | Updated August 24, 2010