How to ApplyVisual Arts at the University of Victoria
The Department will consider all applicants with a minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent, though a BFA is preferred. The Faculty of Graduate Studies requires a B average or better for admission.
Students who have not previously completed the equivalent of 6 units (4 courses) of Art History, 3 units (2 courses) of these at the 300 or 400 level, will be required to take additional courses at the University of Victoria before being granted an MFA.
How to Apply
The Faculty of Graduate Studies will require two names and the email addresses of your references. They will also require unofficial transcripts from each institution you’ve attended.
Applicants to the MFA Program must submit a portfolio, a statement of intent that describes their approach to art-making and states why they are applying to the MFA Program and a curriculum vitae.
- If you have initial questions, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Applications will be accepted for 2018 intake in the fall of 2017.
- You must apply to Faculty of Graduate Studies for admission.
- Submit your portfolio, statement of intent and curriculum vitae to the MFA application form.
- International Applicant (including USA) Deadline: December 15
- Canadian Applicant Deadline: January 15
- Portfolio Submission Deadline: January 15