Phoenix & COVID-19
As per UVic’s and BC Public Health Office orders, audiences attending in-person performances at the Phoenix Theatre:
- are no longer required to show BC’s Vaccine Passport demonstrating proof of full vaccination when entering the theatre.
- are strongly encouraged to continue wearing a mask in indoor spaces where you may be in close proximity to others, such as in the theatre.
- NOTE: While the BC Public Health orders no longer require masks in indoor public spaces, mask wearing is a matter of personal choice. On campus, UVic is strongly encouraging everyone to continue wearing a mask in indoor spaces or whenever they feel more comfortable to do so. Everyone is encouraged to continue to be kind, compassionate and respectful of everyone’s individual choices as we navigate this change.
In an effort to keep you safe, the Phoenix Theatre staff will also be enacting health and safety protocols, including:
- hand sanitizer will be provided at entry
- no concession sales of food or beverages.
NOTE: Audience capacity limits are currently at 100% as per BC’s Public Health guidelines (as of February 17, 2022)
See more information about the UVic’s Return to Campus plan during COVID-19.