Graduates from the Department of Theatre are successful theatre artists practicing across Canada and the world as directors, actors, playwrights, set and costume designers, technical directors, production managers, scenic carpenters, artistic directors, cultural administrators and more. Many others have gone on to apply their research, management and creative skills towards other careers, from business to academia and beyond! Read more about the many paths our theatre degree can take you in.
Phoenix Alumni Network
The Phoenix Alumni Network is a UVic Alumni program just for theatre graduates.This group is a vital part of our alumni initiatives, helping to organize alumni activities and events, develop a mentorship program to connect established alumni with current theatre students and recent graduates, and apply for UVic grants in support of initiatives and events (like the 50th anniversary). Our first few meetings were full of great ideas, some have already been initiated.
How can you get involved?
- Join the Phoenix Alumni Facebook Group and reconnect with your peers and watch for upcoming events. (Now over 480 members!)
- Help us share your best memories of your time at the Phoenix.
- Update your contact information in UVic Alumni's database to ensure that you receive all our 50th Anniversary information.
- Contact Peter Dunsmore-Papagiannis, Alumni Officer for the Faculty of Fine Arts, if you're interested in helping to organize future Phoenix Alumni Network activities.
Anniversary Alumni Festival
OCTOBER 11- 29, 2016
An expanded 3-week festival featuring 5 shows by 3 of our alumni, including Charles Ross, TJ Dawe and Shannan Calcutt.
Alumni Reunion Weekend
NOVEMBER, 11–13, 2016
Calling all UVic Theatre grads from far and wide! Return to the Phoenix and reconnect with fellow alu mni over a weekend of great events. Only $25 for each alumna/us to register and attend all these great events!
- Friday @ 7pm – 1am: Mix 'n Mingle in the McIntyre (Come just hang like old times)
- Friday @ 8pm: Performance of Les Liaisons Dangereuses at the Phoenix
- Saturday @ 11am - 2:30pm: Decade by Decade Lunch with family entertainment
- Saturday @ 4:30pm – 12am: Social, Dinner, Dance
- Saturday @ 8pm: Performance of Les Liaisons Dangereuses at the Phoenix
- Sunday @11am: Family fun run/walk and farewell light brunch (starting at Noon)