The Studios for Integrated Media (SIM)
The SIM is available to Faculty of Fine Arts faculty, staff, and all students currently enrolled in at least one course or program in the Faculty of Fine Arts. Sign out digital still and video cameras, lighting and grip gear, audio recording equipment and much more.
Sim Lab & COVID-19
- The Sim labs are open in a limited capacity.
- All lab access must be booked beforehand. No drop-in access is allowed.
Book your lab time at http://timeslot.finearts.uvic.ca
- The equipment cage is closed for this semester.
- UVic recommends the use of non-medical masks in all indoor spaces on campus. Sanitizer, wipes, and masks are available for use in the SIM lab.
- For more information please visit UVic’s COVID-19 site for details about the university’s response.
Due to COVID restrictions, the scope of SIM lab access and service availability has been trimmed. The text below describes our labs as they normally, and optimally function.
The SIM offers multiple digital facilities for Faculty of Fine Arts students & faculty, including two computer labs, music studios, and dedicated studios for writing, visual arts & theatre students.
During normal operation, we also offer an equipment room for cameras, lighting & grip gear, audio recording equipment & much more. However, the equipment room is closed for the foreseeable future. Details can be found on our Equipment page.
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday 10AM – 4PM
Tuesday 10AM – 4PM
Wednesday 10AM – 4PM
Thursday 10AM – 4PM
Friday 10AM – 4PM
The Studios for Integrated Media (SIM) is closed Saturday’s and statutory holidays.
September 14 — Open for First Term
October 12 — Closed for Thanksgiving
November 11 — Closed for Remembrance Day
December 4 — Closed until spring semester
January 11 — Open for Second Term
Feb 15, Closed for Family Day
April 2-5, Closed for Easter
April 26 — Closed for the Summer Session