Whether you’re applying for September 2020 or just thinking ahead, Explore UVic is your chance to see what we’re all about.
Who should attend:
- High school students in grades 10 & 11 starting to research universities
- High school students in their graduating (grade 12) years
- High school graduates ready to begin their post-secondary studies
- Students transferring to UVic from other post-secondary institutions
About Fine Arts
As BC’s only stand-alone Fine Arts faculty, UVic’s Fine Arts offers a dynamic community where curiosity, experimentation and exploration are the cornerstones of the learning environment—whatever your creative path.
Our focus on dynamic, hands-on learning—anchored by state-of-the-art, purpose-built facilities for our departments—offers an extraordinary environment for artistic expression and the integration of research and education.
Come spend the day with us on Saturday, February 1!
Check-in & information desk (10:00 – 5:30)
Visit our desk in the University Centre to get your Explore UVic information package. We’ll help you plan your day and find your way around campus.
Campus tours (10:00 – 5:15)
Go on a walking tour of our campus, led by a current UVic student. Tours start at the University Centre and are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Discover Your Edge (10:15 – 5:15)
- Grade 12 applicants: for high school students and recent graduates applying for September 2020
- Transfer applicants: for students transferring to UVic from other colleges or universities
- Future applicants: for students who are researching UVic, but are not applying this year
Student experience panels (10:15am – 5:15)
Participate in a student experience panel at the Engineering & Computer Science building to meet current UVic students, learn about their experiences, and ask your questions about life at UVic.
Sample lectures (10:15 – 5:15)
Attend a sample lecture by a UVic faculty member at the Engineering & Computer Science building and get a real university classroom experience. Fine Arts is offering two: “Pixar & the Hero’s Journey” (10:15am) and “Cinema & Video Games in the Age of VR” (3:15pm).
Information & faculty fair (11:00 – 4:00)
Drop by the information & faculty fair in the Student Union Building to learn about our academic programs and the support services we provide for students.
Faculty building tours (10:30 – 4:30)
Get an up-close look at the buildings and classrooms that serve our faculties and academic programs. Faculty tours are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis, and space is limited. Refer to the schedule and map for times and locations.
- Music: 10:30-11:30am + 1:30-2:30pm
- Writing: 11:30am-12:30pm + 2:30-3:30pm
- Visual Arts + Art History & Visual Studies: 12:30-1:30pm + 3:30-4:30pm
- Theatre is hosting their own intensives “I Want to be in Theatre!” event from noon to 2:30pm. This extended session is specially designed for students (and their parents or teachers) to experience UVic’s hands-on approach to theatre arts, explore our world-class facilities, and get acquainted with some of our outstanding faculty and staff – all in a fun and informative session. Register at www.uvic.ca/explore
UVic is even putting on buses to get you to the campus! Catch the 9am ferry from Tsawwassen as a walk-on passenger. We’ll pick you up at Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal and get you back for the 7pm sailing in the evening.
Note: Pre-registration for the bus service is required, and closes when capacity is reached. Please note that you are responsible for your own BC Ferries fares.